- Document Object Model (DOM) Geometry: A Beginner’s Introduction And Guideby firstname.lastname@example.org (Pearl Akpan) on November 24, 2022 at 4:00 pm
In this guide, Pearl Akpan analyzes the methods and properties that make user interface solutions such as infinite scrolling, animating elements on scroll, or even the popular drag and drop achievable, and afterward, dives into some practical use cases for them.
- Optimizing A Vue Appby email@example.com (Michelle Barker) on November 22, 2022 at 4:00 pm
Prioritizing performance when building our web apps improves the user experience and helps ensure they can be used by as many people as possible. In this article, Michelle Barker will walk you through some of the front-end optimization tips to keep our Vue apps as efficient as possible.
- Smashing Podcast Episode 54 With Stéphanie Walter: What Is User Journey Mapping?by firstname.lastname@example.org (Drew McLellan) on November 18, 2022 at 7:00 am
In this episode we’re talking about User Journey Mapping. What is it, and how does it help us build better digital products? Vitaly talks to expert Stéphanie Walter to find out.
- A Guide To Image Optimization On Jamstack Sitesby email@example.com (Alba Silvente) on November 17, 2022 at 10:00 am
In this article, Alba Silvente shows us the theoretical and practical solutions to the most common problems when working with images and how to automate them by using a headless CMS and an image CDN.
- Using Automated Test Results To Improve Accessibilityby firstname.lastname@example.org (Noah Mashni and Mark Steadman) on November 16, 2022 at 2:00 pm
In this article, Noah Mashni and Mark Steadman share their approach to how to leverage the automated test results from the accessibility checks to drive change and reach sustainable digital accessibility transformation.
- A Guide To Keyboard Accessibility: HTML And CSS (Part 1)by email@example.com (Cristian Díaz) on November 14, 2022 at 2:00 pm
In this article, Cristian Diaz covers how to use HTML and CSS to create an accessible experience for keyboard users while mentioning what WCAG criteria we should keep into consideration.
- How To Search For A Developer Job Abroadby firstname.lastname@example.org (Andrew Stetsenko) on November 11, 2022 at 9:00 am
Working abroad is a popular prospect, yet many people — including professionals in the tech sphere — don’t know where to start. In this article, Andrew Stetsenko gives you an ultimate step-by-step guide to finding and making international opportunities happen.
- Design Systems: Useful Examples and Resourcesby email@example.com (Cosima Mielke) on November 9, 2022 at 7:00 am
Everything design systems on accessibility, enterprise design systems, Figma kits, data visualization, motion design, multi-lingual design, naming, ROI calculator and UX writing.
- What’s New In Next.js 13?by firstname.lastname@example.org (Atila Fassina) on November 7, 2022 at 2:00 pm
Let’s talk about Next.js, one of the most well-known React frameworks used for production. From new components to font optimization, Atila shares a quick overview and invites you to join his [Advanced Next.js Masterclass](https://smashingconf.com/online-workshops/workshops/advanced-nextjs-atila-fassina) taking place later this month.
- Practical Steps To Build Transparency In Your Remote Businessby email@example.com (Siobhan McKeown) on November 4, 2022 at 9:00 am
Transparency is part of the fabric of many remote businesses. It doesn’t, however, come naturally to everyone, especially if you’ve only recently become remote. In this article, Siobhan takes you through some of the practical ways that you can build transparency within your organization.
- New Smashing Front-End & UX Workshopsby firstname.lastname@example.org (Iris Lješnjanin) on November 3, 2022 at 7:00 am
What’s the state of HTML Email, Vue.js and Next.js? Would you like to level up with modern CSS? What are new, smart interface design patterns we could use? Let’s figure it all out together with our [brand new online workshops](https://smashingconf.com/online-workshops/) alongside our free community meetups.
- Designing The Perfect Mobile Navigation UXby email@example.com (Vitaly Friedman) on November 2, 2022 at 2:00 pm
When designing navigation on mobile, we don’t have to rely on slide-in-menus or nested accordions. We can also use the curtain design pattern, and show multiple levels of navigation at once.
- Putting The Graph In GraphQL With The Neo4j GraphQL Libraryby firstname.lastname@example.org (William Lyon) on November 1, 2022 at 11:00 am
If building a GraphQL API backed by a native graph database sounds interesting or at all helpful for the problems you’re trying to solve as a developer, perhaps you’d like to give the open-source [Neo4j GraphQL Library](https://srv.buysellads.com/ads/long/x/TCZPLYDDTTTTTTFR6JINCTTTTTTGVUIVKKTTTTTTCT2NTYYTTTTTTI4BVH7U4JBCKQ466IDGV2IUWESGCV7WALL5QYYE) a try. Let’s take a closer look at the reasons why!
- On The Edge Of November (2022 Desktop Wallpapers Edition)by email@example.com (Cosima Mielke) on October 31, 2022 at 9:00 am
November is just around the corner, and with it, a new collection of desktop wallpapers to celebrate the beginning of the month. Designed by creatives from all across the globe, they come in versions with and without a calendar. Let’s make November colorful!